Sunday, March 07, 2010

OSCAR PREDICTIONS 2010

Tonight's the big night in Hollywood, so I thought I'd put down my own Oscar predictions.  Let's see how many I get right.  Now, this is only for the big categories...costume and whatnot, I really don't care about.

AND...for the first time in a long time (maybe ever?), there are 10...yep, TEN...Best Picture nominees.  So, without further ado...MOVIE DORK'S OSCAR PREDICTIONS!!!

BEST ACTOR - Jeff Bridges in "Crazy Heart"
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - Christoph Waltz in "Inglourious Basterds"
BEST ACTRESS - Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side"
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - either Maggie Gyllenhaal in "Crazy Heart" or Anna Kendrick in "Up in the Air"
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE - Up
BEST DIRECTOR - Kathryn Bigelow for "The Hurt Locker"
BEST ORIGINAL SONG - The Weary Kind from "Crazy Heart"

As for Best Picture...I just don't know.  The field is big, and there are some great...GREAT...movies on that list.  I think I'm rooting for "The Hurt Locker" because it was such a great, powerful movie, but I know that "Avatar" is the biggest movie of all time, and "Up in the Air" is a critical favorite...even though I didn't really like it that much.  As you can see, "Crazy Heart" is my favorite, but I really do think the Golden Globe winners will be the big winners tonight, though that's not always the case...remember Mickey Rourke and "The Wrestler"?

I think the one that I might be most excited about is the BEST VISUAL EFFECTS category, with "Star Trek", "District 9" and "Avatar" all in the running.  I don't think JJ Abrams reboot of "Star Trek" has a chance, as good as it was, because the other two just blew it out of the water. 

No matter what, I'll be watching tonight with my ballot in my hand.  I'll write back later and see how I did.

No comments: