Sunday, June 07, 2009

REVIEW: The Spirit - THIS MOVIE BLOWS


I think I know why The Spirit's city screams.

Because this movie sucks like a Reno prostitute. It makes Max Payne seem like the Godfather. I'm glad I didn't pay $10 to see this in the theater, and was only tricked out of $5 to see it On Demand. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 14% and says this about the film. "Though its visuals are unique, The Spirit's plot is almost incomprehensible, the dialogue is ludicrously mannered, and the characters are unmemorable."

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'd go on about how much this movie sucks, but then I'd be wasting even more of my life on this travesty, and I need to take a shower.

Someone needs to tell Frank Miller that Robert Rodriguez was doing him a solid by giving him co-directing credit on Sin City. So far, Miller's track record in the film business has not been great. You're a comic book writer / artist, Frank. And a damn fine one. But please stop making films.

However, there was one five minute part that I didn't mind. And that's when Paz Vega showed up on screen.

This is going to replace my Princess Leia Gold Bikini fantasy

I don't know much about this fiery Spanish beauty, but I'm hoping to see her in A LOT more stuff. Or less stuff, heh heh (<- dirty old man laugh)

No comments: